Sunday 14 April 2013

Extreme makeover bedroom addition!

Last year we were offered an old bedroom suite from my mom, this is a set that they had since I was little. My husband and I have finally reached that stage in our marriage (or so he thought) where we can actually afford to buy or at least think of buying new furniture. I had just started painting with chalk paint so I couldn't pass this up! The furniture was old but it was solid wood and had good 'bones' so I figures what the heck. if the chalk paint could rejuvenate this set then I was sold! This would be the big test and all I can say is WOW! I was sold on chalk paint from then on and I haven't looked back since!!
I have to apologise for the poor before photos but you get the idea..
the armoire

the bedside tables


the monster dresser (can you see the
lovely brass hardware?!)


 Here are the after photos:



 



I didn't sand or prime anything, I simply wiped off the dust and began painting! I removed the lovely brass hardware and decided to spray paint them black rather than replace them. I chose a white paint, distressed it and then dark waxed it to give it an aged look.This turned out to be better than any bedroom suites I would be able to find and WAYYY cheaper ( about 1 1/4 cans of paint and some elbow grease)! I was so happy with how it turned out, I don't think I will ever buy a new piece of furniture again.
https://www.facebook.com/cougarchiccollectables#!/media/set/?set=a.527829350570829.118414.527825627237868&type=3

No comments:

Post a Comment