Tuesday 16 April 2013

Family Movie night

I have been searching for what seems like forever for the perfect piece of furniture to use as a TV unit underneath our TV in the family room. I finally found it this week and I couldn't wait to transform it into the beautiful piece I had envisioned for months! Here is the before picture:



The picture isn't great but it is solid pine and a bit scratched up but not too bad, but... I had bigger plans for it!
Here are the after pictures:



I have to say I am sooo happy with how beautifully it turned out, it was well worth the wait! I started out by applying embossing plaster through a stencil (available in our Van Gogh furniture makeup line that I carry) I then painted it in Van Gogh chalk paint-cashmere, distressed it and sealed it with our amazing beeswax clear and dark together to give it a nice antiqued look. I also painted the drawers in patina ( my fav color) for a pop of color and I also added new knobs which I LOVE!
If you want to learn how to transform your furniture, check out our workshop info
Annie

https://www.facebook.com/cougarchiccollectables#!/media/set/?set=a.567778623242568.1073741837.527825627237868&type=3

No comments:

Post a Comment